Tuesday 9 April 2019

Financial Literacy

The past few weeks we have been doing this activity called financial literacy. First we got this sheet that you had to write what cars you want when you are older how many kids you want and if you want a wife or not. Then we got card that had your weekly income, your tax and your mortgage. Then you got a groceries card and a fortune card with the fortune card you got a random situation like your car broke down or your lawnmower stopped working then you take the money of your income. You do that for 3 weeks. On the 4th week you had to pay for Sky TV your insurance and power. Once you did that if you were in debt you have to put your account to 0$ from your savings account (you have $2000 in your savings to begin with). With me I was in debt by $900 because I had to have a root canal for $700. So now I only have $1000 in my savings account. I like this activity because it prepares you for the real world.


What I want when I'm older.
                 My income sheet.
                                             
                          My savings. 

We are going to do another month of this programme next term.  I hope I don't end up in debt again!



                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.